Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ava Jae Grace's first pee :)

So I've had an eventful weekend so far. My darling daughter in my stomach doesn't really want to be in my stomach at the moment. I was having contractions every couple of min. Fri. so I went to the hospital once again. Pretty soon I'm going to be inviting the nurses to my kids birthday partys. Anyway they put me on magnesium, yay, great. That stuff is horrible, I still can't walk right! It did the trick though, contractions slowed down. They werent as mellow as the doc would like so he decided to do an amnio reduction. All I have to say is OUCH! The needle going in was the easiest part. My blood pressure decided it wanted to go down, and that was the not so fun part! Not only was I on the verge of vomitting, they didnt have the right equipment, so this needle was hanging out in my stomach while the doc withdrew it the old fashion way for about 45 min. That was painful. I think all together it took a good hour. Thank God for Eric. He stood behind my head, squeezed my hand, then continually put ice rags on my face and fed me ice chips. If he wasn't there mr. docs white coat wouldn't have been white anymore! Have I said yet how much I love him? (eric not the doc.) So I escaped, or should I say they escaped from being puked on. So after a small dose of morphine and something else along with an hours worth of fluid being drawn, I feel way better, and am way smaller, and way way more comfy! They took 2500 cc's, basically a 2 liter bottle full of fluid out of me. Therefore I got to see my babys first pee this weekend, awwwwww how sweet :) Now I get to look foward to going in and doing it all over again in about a week prob. Hopefully it'll last a little longer but with her not swallowing it'll prob be relief for only a few short days, tear tear!!!! Whatever keeps her in there for a while longer works for me :) I'll keep everyone posted :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning
I just looked at the pics and got teary eyed, Ava looked soooo cute in her pics. Can't wait to pinch her. Love Ya Grandma