Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My babys almost two months old...

all the crazy stuff in her room
Dawson got to see his baby sister for the first time!!!
Dawson wrote a message from him and Aryssa in the middle, cute cute cute :)
MY BOOTS
Ava 9/16/2008 8:55 p.m.
My babys going to be 2 months old tomorrow. We should throw her a party!





Hey everyone, I haven't updated in a few days because there havent been many changes. She's still on the vent and prob will be for a couple days. At least. They're basically just waiting on her lungs to clear up, which we're learning can be a really L-O-N-G process. After breathing treatments every three hours and being suctioned constantly her lungs are still "boggy" crackly" just to name a few of the million words they've used. They decided to have a pulmologist (sp) stick a scope down there to figure out what is going on. She doesnt have pnemonia (GREAT news) but she does have some fluid built up in there which is causing some flappy things to not flap right so they had to change the vent settings. They also put her on a steroid which she gets threw her breathing treatment to try and help her lungs get stronger. They think a lot of the fluid is from the TEF repair and when she reflexes and aspirates it gets fluid into her little lungs. There's not fluid collecting on the outside like before it's all on the inside. Ava's really sensitive right now, she doesnt like people touching her, suctioning her, moving her, flipping her, standing close to her, or the trash ladys trash bags. She de sats!!! Like a lot of times today. Even after giving her morphine and paralyizing her (which always works) her heart rate still dropped along with her oxygen/ breathing. So they bag her let her come up and start again. She's just being high maintence today!!! My little angels starting early. She must get that from her dad. Speaking of high maintence, I can't wait till Eric works. I found the CUTEST "riding" boots at Nordstrom (online of course) today. (ava's de sating )They will last me forever and they're only 294.95. (There were another pair I liked even better but they were like five something. I thought that one prob wouldnt fly :) But oh I have to have them!!!! I will wear them everyday with everything, I'll even give up my Uggs. Hint Hint "darling". I don't really call him darling btw, it's a joke we have from some movie. You think he'll go for it? Prob not :( I AM getting Ava a pair of uggs next winter though, and they're a little pricey for a baby that's going to grow out of them, but she loves them. She needs them too! I've wanted a little girl since those things came out, so I could buy them for her. Soooo I met a new friend up at the hospital. She's like sixty something but I just feel so sorry for her. I have a soft spot in my heart for old people. J-K older people!!! Her grandson which is 3 is up here and just got diagnosed with cancer Wed. Her daughter and her daughters boyfriend are real winners let me tell you. Mom, remember how loser used to talk? Well this guy is 100 times worse. Sounds like he has a big pile of you know what in his mouth. They're outside smoking while their son is in the hospital room getting chemo (sp) and gripeing about having to wear a mask and a gown over their clothes. Seriously? Your baby has cancer. Idiots. Sometimes I wish my mom was here so she could lay into them. She would too, that's my mom, she's worse than me, if you can believe it :) (ava's de sating again)She always tells it like it is wether she should or not. hehe I love you mom :) I could go on and on about these people and the stories this lady has told me but I'll spare you. I just feel so sorry for her and that little boy. I apparently feel so sorry for her I gave her my number. She asked for it and I couldnt tell her no. Shes just one of those people you can tell ljust needs to talk and she's obviously not able to do it to her meth addicted daughter and her boyfriend. The little boys name is Dillon, so keep him in your prayers. Josie the other little girl I told you about is doing about the same as Ava right now. She's off the heart lung machine but still on the vent. Her lungs have some fluid in them as well. All these poor babies in here I just want to fix them all and make it better!!!! Anyway back to my new "friend" She keeps calling me, and introduced me to her sister and said I'm her adopted daughter. What? lol, she's just one of those people. And of course these people are nascar fans (the crack head ones)which Eric throws in my face everyday. I think he thinks its going to make me stop watching nascar by associating it with them. NOPE sorry cupcake noodle bug. Well I'm going to post some pictures (just a couple since there's not really a whole lot of anything going on right now) and get ready to watch some movies. My darling cookie muffin rented man maid of honor i forget what its called, but the one with McDreamy aka Patrick Dempsey and he also rented Baby Mama. Yayyyyy. I'm so excited, I've been wanting to see those forever!!!! Oh and one more thing, I'm pretty sure I got the ol' oooohhhhh she's cute but they really dont think she's cute kinda thing like ten times today. It's so funny really she's a beautiful baby and people in the nicu come up to me all the time telling me that. Well right now she's really puffy and isn't looking so hot, espically with her hats (she's sooo not a hat baby) and I can tell they're just saying it to be nice. So what did i do? I grabbed the photo album or computer whichever was closer and showed her pictures off :) I just wanted them to see how pretty my angel really is :) BTW I miss you already grandma, Ava does too!!!! xoxoxoxoxxo.... that's from Ava. (she just did it again... de sat that is)




Oh I have to tell everyone what happend a few days ago. This IDIOT actually idiots, there were two of them, x-ray techs came down to get a x ray of the feeding tube they put in Ava. Wanted to make sure it was in the right spot. Well they go to lift her (she's on the vent morons) and I ask them don't you need a nurse? They say no they've got it. Well they just pick her up like she's some rag doll, lay her down on this thing (without putting a sheet over it) and she de-sats, like quick. I tell them to stop while I go get the nurse. Do they? NOPE I'm walking down the hall as one of them is rolling her eyes at me to the other one and they're out in the hall, already took the x ray. I was HOT. The nurse goes off, and one of them asks to see her in the hall. She's like not right now you caused my patient to crash and I'm bagging her, youll have to wait. Well they roll their eyes some more and go and talk to whomevers at the nurses station. I mean the girl didn't even admit she was in the wrong. I was so mad, I was shaking. I guess they're not even supposed to touch babies on the vent. What would they have done if it came loose or unattached? I was ready to kill the lady. Wish my mom was here for that one too!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww.. Lakin had that mobile with the birds on it. It was so cute, she loved it! Sadly, I sold it:( We should go together at the beginning of next fall and buy the girls matching Uggs! Then take pictures of their little Ugg-ed feet! They will LOVE it!!!! I totally think it's okay to spend that money on shoes for her, even if it's only for one season! I mean, she will be able to wear them with everything! Compleatly worth it. ( miss, "I wouldn't spend $45.00 on a backpack":)

Cicka

Anonymous said...

The two of you and your shoes....If you want me to come up and say something t othe dumb parents I will :) You know me I am like that.If I were you I would have beat the Xray people.I love the picture with Dawson and Ava. He looks so happy! Give her a big kiss. I love you!
Rachel