Monday, July 21, 2008

Our baby girl is here

My hand doing the weird thing
BIG brother and BIG sister
She's here everyone!!!

Kelli and Christa got their arm work-out, they were helping me not throw up


Beautiful baby Ava
Look at my skullet :)

First time I got to changer her diaper :)


My beautiful cankles












Dr. Dad








One more last belly shot





Hey everyone sorry its taken me so long to get back on here and post pictures of baby Ava. So we went to the hospital Thurs around 7:30 and by 9:48 am had a baby girl. She is the most beautiful baby EVER. Don't we all say that? I'm not neive though, the first picture I saw of her I said she's not very cute is she, lol. Seeing her in person though is totally different. She really is a really pretty baby. She weighed 4 pounds 13 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Long baby huh? If I would've delivered at full term I may have delivered a toddler. Oh and she has hair, ha Christa! We knew she would though. She does have a skullet though. FOr those of you who don't know what that is it's a mullet without hair on the top. LOL She has her fathers hair line :) She doesn't have much hair at all on the top but her sides and the back are full!!! She looks like her daddy right now. Who knows what she'll look like next week though, they change so much. The c-section was a little scary for me. Mostly because I knew my baby was coming out and I couldnt protect her in my belly anymore. I asked the dr. if he would throw in a free tummy tuck but it was a no. My hand kept doing something weird everytime the blood pressure cuff would go off, that was weird. I almost threw up I don't know how many times. Good ol' blood pressure dropping again. Now I know why they tell you not to eat. Ava did good though. They let Eric snap a quick picture of her then they took her back to be worked on. She was crying full force they said. Of cours my daughter will have a set of lungs on her!!! I went back to recovery while Eric took the grandmas, fam, Cicka, and Kelli back. Finally after an hour of recovery they wheeled my bed over by Ava's. Love at first sight!!!! What am I talking about I was in love with that little girl before she ever came out. I actually remember the fist day it happend. I was sitting outside talking to Christa on the phone.... Anyway after recovery the nice gay black man wheeled me up to my room. I called him "my wheeler" And YES you know it, just after having surgery and all I didnt care, I snapped a picture of the nice man with Christa and Kelli standing next to him. LOL funny, yes I know! After looking over Ava they saw that she had the esophaegeal atresia w/ a fistula. They also found another hole in her heart. This one is a lot smaller and is between the two upper chambers. It may close on its own. She also has an extra rib and a little curve in her spine. They said the only thing that may cause her issues with is arthiritis when she's older. There's nothing they do for the extra rib. Basically everything will be fixed though. The doctors did the surgery on her stomach/esophogus Friday. Everything went well with that, actually went a little better than expected. They were able to connect everything in one surgery. Next week they will do an ultra sound and see if it needs opened back up a little. (common in these surgerys) If it does then it will require more surgery. We had a little scare Sat. night. Her heart rate dropped when they were suctioning her then went sky high from the stress. They switched her pain med. and got that all worked out. They were worred about a few other things like white blood cell count and high potassium but after two tests those came back ok. No spinal tap for my baby now!!!! OK so Sunday can we say one of the hardest days of my life? I'm sure I will have a lot of those with little Ms Ava. Well they had to kick us out. My grand ol' hospital stay had officially came to an end. It was bittersweet for Eric, he was ready to sleep in our bed but didn't want to leave "A.J." I on the other hand was a complete mess. I would have slept on the floor next to her little "bed" if they had let me. My nose was stuffy all night from crying so hard. I knew it would be hard but you don't realize how hard until that time comes. I can't even put into words how I was feeling... It's something you can't understand until you've been threw it. To come home without my baby girl... well you mise well had put a knife right threw my heart. I woke up at three in the morning and called to check on her and she was doing great!!! I called again at 6 and she was still doing great :) That's my little fighter, my strong girl is what I whisper to her before we leave. We spent all day at the hospital today, she was doing really well. She actually opened her eyes for about 15 min. which she doesnt do. The nurse said that was good, great actually, it means she must be feeling a little better. Everytime Eric or I talk to her she trys to open her eyes. It the most precious thing!!!! Oh I have officially experienced the meaning of cankles btw. I'll post a picture. I think I may have done a little too much today. I have no ankles and my legs and feet are so swollen. They look horrible!!! I am in some serious pain, I felt better in the hospital I think. I can't wait to walk normal, and to go to the bathroom, oh let me tell you about that. It sucks, I need one of those handicap things in our bathroom. It takes me a good 10 min at the least. Who knew it was so hard just to pee? I didnt realize all of the things you use your stomach muscles for. I could go on and on but I'll spare you. I just can't wait to feel normal, that's all. Poor Dawson and Aryssa weren't able to see Ava. Apparently we have to have their shot records. Nice no one told us that before huh? They're only allowed to stay for 15 min. in the nicu though. Dawson's pretty upset about it. Well my eyes are starting to droop, I'll write more about tomorrows visit and hopefully have some updates on the baby. Oh one more thing, we were able to hold her Fri. before her surgery. That was possibly the best feeling I've ever experienced! Oh and we got to change her diaper today. Of course when Eric was changing it I wasn't over there with my camera :( She peed all over the place, hehehehe. That's my girl ;) Oh and she's have liek 6 poopy diapers, yipeeeeeeeeeeee! For those of you that don't know the reason I'm yipeein is because they were thinking that there may have been a blockage and that would have required a few surgerys on her butt and stomach. Untill tomorrow.........

Its not letting me write under these pictures, but they're all of beautiful baby Ava Jae Grace Ramos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DANG!!!! Your cankles ARE huge!! Those are bigger than mine were before Emma, I think! We'll have to compare pictures. Sweet, sweet Ava.... is it Jae or Jordan, by the way? She really is beautiful! I just love her already, can't wait to see her on Friday! Emma's ready-made BFF. Don't get to attached to her hair, either, I bet it will all fall out, and she'll really look like her daddy! He-He:) You two did good, she's precious and she's strong, she'll get through this, no problem. Your stronger than you think too, you will all be fine. I love you guys!!!
- Christa