Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ava's surgery

the little white thing sticking out is the g tube (christa now ya know :)
hard to tell, but her stomach is what you see on the left and on the right is where the g tube is

out like a light


in the recovery room after surgery



look a lot better than after her heart surgery huh?
Ava came out of surgery great. Her belly's still pretty tiny but it was big enough for the g tube. She's sleeping right now. She fusses here and there but is pretty much still out of it. I'm sure we'll have a long night tonight once all of the meds where off. This g tube looks difficult right now but once I do it a couple of times it should be a breeze. They say when you move it around it doesn't hurt them at all but it sure looks to me like it would. They showed us what to do if it comes out, (that freaks me out a bit) and how to clean it. We're still not sure on what kind of feedings she's going to be on, kind of depends on what the doc wants. Should know more tomorrow. It may be over the pump like before or continuous (hopefully not!) or just bullis. That's where we put it into a huge syringe type thing and just tape it to wherever, and let it flow in over a half hour or so. Well I just got some cold medicine and o.j. so I'm going to try to get a little nap and hope I don't snore or choke on my own snot :)
Oh and all of the blue on her tummy and chest is not bruising so don't freak out (mom), it's just the soap they used to clean her.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ava is so beautiful. I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one. You have a nice family and I'm so happy for you. Kathy